Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Adventures with Zach!

We have been so busy around here that I haven't had the time to blog in forever-not that that's a surprise or anything. Since going back to work I have been trying to plan exciting things to do with Zach on my days off. He is at such a fun stage, he is constantly investigating everything in his world and making connections. He picks up on EVERYTHING so there are a lot of behaviors that mommy and daddy are working on changing :)


There is a children's museum in Irvine called Pretend City. It is truly the coolest place I had been to for children. It has a bunch of sections that are pretend for kids to play in. There is a grocery store, a library, a restaurant, a garden, a police station, fire station and the list goes on. It was a lot of fun but will be much more fun when Zach gets a little older and really understands pretend play. Here are a few photos from our adventure:


Zach was filling up the gas tank
Zach's favorite area was the garden section. He lived raking, digging and planting vegetables

In the art studio-future Picasso :)


The first weekend of March Zach and I were able to get out to Las Vegas for a couple days so I could see my best friend Carly for her big 30 and have a few days away. On our way into town we stopped by the Circus Circus to check out my dad's latest project, The Chuck Jones Experience. Zach had a blast running around and looking at all the Loony Toons art and having the entire exhibit to himself. We also met up with Carly and Aiden at the Las Vegas Zoo which was a lot of fun. Zach mostly loved the zoo-except when the ostrich bit his finger!

Papa showing Zach how to color pictures on the computer screen

My little monster next to Taz and Daffy

Zach and his great grandpa going out to feed the chickens

Zach feeding the goats with Nana and Papa

Contemplating life next to the peacock


Another place we took Zach for the first time was Chuck E Cheese. Anyone who knows me knows that that place has scared the hell out of me since I found out I was pregnant because I knew that at some point we would have to go. We went for a first birthday party and it wasn't as scary as I thought and Zach had a blast! And they serve beer! The only "issue" we had was they have these crazy tunnels all along the ceiling and a "helpful" dad helped Zach get up into them so for about 45 minutes we couldn't get him down. When it was time to get down Zach was a little afraid to come down the slide so he had a line of about 15 kids behind him trying to get him to go :)

My monkey having a blast-and notice that his hair is all gone :(


So another new place we discovered recently is Frogg's Bounce House. Oh My God does Zach LOVE this place! There are 6 different bouncy houses with slides and mazes and it is basically toddler boy heaven. I couldn't really get any good photos of him because he was all over the place but here's a video of him coming down one of the slides:





We got a month pass and have been back twice already. I hope everyone is having as much fun as we are!


XOXO,

Tiff

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila