Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Zach is 6 months old!

Well, the time does certainly fly by! My little man turned 6 months last Friday and I cannot believe he is now closer to being 1 than a newbie!


Zach had his favorites for his 6 month dinner-sweet potato and carrots


Don't get me wrong, I definitely don't want to go back, the first 6 weeks were rough, but I miss my cuddly little guy. Zach is really starting to explore everything around him and is so squirmy that it's hard to hold him for very long! It is amazing to watch him discovering new things and I'm so enjoying every minute of being home with him so that I don't have to miss any of it! He had his 6 month check-up with the pediatrician last week and he is weighing in at 17lbs 8oz (50th percentile) and 27 inches (75th percentile) so for everyone who comments on how chubby he is, he is perfectly average in that department ;). I do have Zach involved in a few different activities; on Monday's we go to My Gym which is a children's gym. He really seems to enjoy it and I have noticed that he is really strong for his age and I think part of that is from going to the gym. They teach me how to do stretches and "exercises" with him to build his muscles and develop his motor skills.


Here is Zach doing "push ups" at My Gym

We are also doing a baby music class that is almost over. It has been fun for him, except that he gets a little fussy after a while. He wants so badly to be moving and doing things on his own that he gets really frustrated.

Here is Zach taking a ride during music class

The music class only has one more session and I am going to get him into swimming. Since my parents bought the house in Vegas and it has a pool I feel a lot more comfortable if he at least has some lessons and everything I've read says the earlier that you start swimming the better and more confident your child will be at it. That is my Zach project this week, to find a mommy and me swimming class that we can start. It will be fun and it will be great exercise for me as well! The other really exciting thing that has happened this week is that my best friend from college, Carly, had her little boy! Aiden was born on August 1st and from the pictures I have seen he is absolutely adorable! I am so excited for Carly, I know she is going to be such an amazing mother and it is going to be so fun to have our little boys grow up together since they are only 6 months apart :) Zach and I are planning to go and visit her in a week and a half so I can hardly wait! So congratulations again to Carly and Kevin, Aiden is a luckly little guy to have you two as parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila