Monday, May 9, 2011

My Second Mother's Day

So it is so hard for me to believe but yesterday was my second Mother's Day as a mommy. We didn't do anything too special, Matt was out of town so I got to spend the day with my little monkey and have dinner with my wonderful mother. I like to think that I am a good mother to my little boy; I love him more than there are words and I would do anything for him. I am so lucky that I have had such a great example in my own mother and she has taught me how I want to raise my own children. I'm not saying it was always perfect, I was a teenager at one point, but as an adult I think of my mom as one of my best friends. I hope that when Zachery is a grown man we can have a close relationship and that he feels as fortunate as I do that we have each other. Being a mother is the greatest challenge and greatest reward of my life. Anytime I am having a bad day or not feeling very positive I just look at Zach and his big, toothy grin and I can't help but instantly feel better. It makes my heart melt when he says mama or when he comes and cuddles up in my lap-these are the moments I live for! I hope all my mommy friends had an amazing Mother's Day and told their own moms how much they love them!



My favorite picture of my mom and me at my wedding


Being pregnant with Zach was one the most amazing times of my life!


My mom with Zach in the hospital, her first grandchild




Zachery's newborn photo shoot, he was 12 days old and I was exhausted but sooo in love!



Zach and I a few weeks ago when we went to the farm to pick strawberries-he's 15 months old now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila