Friday, May 6, 2011

Zachery's Easter Eggstravaganza!

We have had so much excitement around here and I just haven't had the time to write about it. Last year was so much fun celebrating all of Zachery's first holidays and our first holidays as a newly expanded family of 3 but this year he is starting to understand what is going on. Easter was the first holiday where he seemed to get it. Zach's first go at hunting for Easter eggs was at our Stroller Strides egg hunt after class one day. Zach fell asleep at home so we didn't make it to class that day so as soon as he woke up we raced over to the park to play but we had already missed the egg hunt. We got there and he saw a blue egg that was next to another baby and went over and took it. It was really funny how excited he was. Well, I made him give the egg back but there was one more egg hiding in the grass so I directed him over to the egg and he got so excited when he got it. He must have held onto that egg and chewed on it for hours.








My family does Easter on Saturday because all of my family comes in from Las Vegas and it is easier for everyone to travel home on Sunday. We had a good little crowd at my parents which included 13 kids with Zach being the youngest (14 1/2 months) and my cousin Jessica being the oldest (16). My mom and dad fill about a hundred plastic eggs with candy and money and hide them all over the front and back yards and the kids go crazy. They "hid" some eggs out in the open so Zach could get them and he did get the hang of it again. He picked up about 12 eggs and made a big $8 which we taught him to put in his piggy bank. It was so fun to watch Zach run around and play with all the kids and how great all my older cousins were with him. I loved being the oldest cousin and playing and taking care of all the younger ones so it is so fun to watch the kids I took care of take care of my son.



On Sunday when Zach got up the Easter Bunny had already been to our house and left him a pretty impressive set up (if I do say so myself!). He loved pulling all of the books, puzzles, toys and snacks out of his basket but his favorite thing by far was the little box of colored goldfish crackers. I guess this is what happens when you don't really let your child have sugar ;). Matt and I had fun playing with him until we went to Legends and had breakfast with my parents and grandparents before they headed back out of town. Then we went home and put Zach down for his nap and hid a couple plastic eggs for him to find when he woke up. Once he got the first one opened and realized they had animal crackers in them he was all about the egg hunt! That night we went to Matt's grandmothers house (GG to Zach) and had dinner with Matt's parents, his Uncle's Ron and Tony and Aunt Monnie and Aunt Leslie (Matt's sister). It was great and Zach got even more Easter gifts (he is a very loved little boy). GG gave him an Easter basket and Nonni and Pop (my in-law's) gave us a family basket with a few new books and animal crackers for Zach and even a toy for Abby (the Easter Bunny remembered her that morning too!). It was such a great weekend and we got to spend so much with our families which is what it is all about! I am so happy that Matt and I live so close to our parents that they are such wonderful, loving people and they love our son so much. I hope everyone had a great Easter and got so have some quality family time too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila