Monday, January 31, 2011

My Baby is 1

To my Beautiful Baby Boy Zachery,

The first thing I want to tell you is that I am so proud to be your mother. From the moment I get you out of your crib in the morning and you give me your big, toothy smile until you and I cuddle before you go to bed every night I am so full of love and joy. Everyday you amaze me with how inquisitive and smart you are. I have wanted to be a mother for as long as I can remember and it is everything I had hoped and so much more.

The first few weeks of your life were so difficult, it was much harder than I ever thought it would be and there were moments that I didn't think one of us were going to make it :). At 6 weeks I learned you had a sensitivity to dairy so I had to cut it out of my diet and we soon learned that you had a hernia in your groin which required surgery at 11 weeks. After both of those things were repaired you were so much better but then at 16 weeks you got your first 2 teeth! I felt so bad because my poor baby seemed to be in constant pain and there was nothing that I could do to help you.

At about 6 months things changed and you suddenly became so much happier (of course you had gotten your 8 teeth by this time). I have loved watching you grown and develop. You have accomplished so much in this first year and it has truly been amazing to watch. You have grown from this little bundle that just cried and ate and slept at all the wrong times to this handsome toddler who crawls like a pro, cruises the furniture and is starting to stand up all by himself. I love that you are still so loving and that you love to crawl into my lap and cuddle with me, I cannot explain how much my heart feels like it is going to burst with love when you do that.

There are so many things I wonder about the future and I really hope that I am doing everything I can to make you a happy, well-rounded child. If I had guess how you are going to be based on right now I think you will be a kind man who is very empathetic to the needs of others. Your love of animals makes me think you may do something where you work with animals but you seem to catch onto things so fast I know you can do anything.

Zachery, I love you so much and have cherished every moment of your first year of life. I can't wait to see how you are as a toddler and am looking forward to the milestones to come; walking, talking and independence. Always know that mommy is here for you and I will always love you more than words can express.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila